II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE USE IT
Personal Account Information
If You choose to sign-up for Rynse’s subscription service, You will be asked to provide the following basic information:
- your name;
- your e-mail address;
- your phone number;
- your credit card and other payment information;
- your registered car details including:
- The year, make, and model of your car, and
- The licence plate number associated with the registered car
We require this information to enter into a transaction agreement with You to provide You with the Services You have requested.
As part of Rynse’s agreement with You, We may use Personal Account Information to contact You or send You notifications about products and Services that You have purchased from Rynse. We may also send You notifications about products and Services offered by Rynse that We otherwise think may be of interest to You. This may include new membership deals, Services being offered on Rynse’s platform or products our partnering businesses may offer. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Rynse directly.
Importantly, Credit card and / or other payment information is not stored with Rynse and never shared with Service Providers (including car washes). Instead, Rynse partners directly with Stripe, Inc., a PCI Service Provider Level 1 (the most stringent level of certification), that maintains and protects all sensitive credit card and personal information directly.
Rynse may use Technical Data for the following legitimate business purposes:
- to diagnose and prevent service or technology problems that are associated with the IP addresses;
- to prepare geographical or other statistical data to help Rynse better serve our Users;
- to create new features, promotions, and services in connection with the Services;
- to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns;
- to monitor the use of our Services;
- to confirm that Users have visited previously;
- to perform other functions on the Services.
III. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Unless otherwise disclosed at the time of collection of information, Rynse does not share Personal Account Information or Technical Data with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
In addition, Rynse reserves the right to share Personal Account Information and Technical Data with authorized third parties if:
- We believe We are required to do so in accordance with a law or to respond to a subpoena, court order, or other lawful request by a public authority, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- We believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to take precautions against liability;
- We believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations;
- We believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to assist government agencies;
- We believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the security or integrity of the Services;
- We believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, safety or property of Rynse, our Users, our Service Providers or others; or
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep information secure and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed. However, while We follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect. We cannot guarantee, and You should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances.
VII. DATA QUALITY, ACCESS AND RECTIFICATION
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure your Personal Account Information is accurate and complete and We will update or correct your information as needed when notified by You. In addition, You can manage your Personal Account Information through your Rynse account.
We will keep your Personal Account Information in active files on our system as long as needed to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to fulfill the other purposes outlined herein.
XI. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
XII. HOW WE COMMUNICATE WITH YOU